Friday 6 March 2009

Charles "Mikey" Deas translated

"A man who called Peter Sutherland a disgraced oil baron and Howard Davies a disgraced financial regulator just won 615 votes in the Comms race. This shows that LSE is changing. Education is not a commodity. LSE was set up as a centre for social progress. Student activism is alive.”

- Just-call-me-Mike "Easy Peasy Nice and Squeasy" Deas

What he really meant...

"I am a complete nutter. I went out of my way to make myself unelectable. I make Lenin look like Dan Sheldon. And yet still large numbers of LSE students voted for me. This shows there are a lot of other nutters at LSE, too. LSE was not set up to provide us with an education: it was clearly established to give us nutters a political platform"

- Charles Deas Esq. II, 2009
General Comrade of the Another Union Education is Possibly Not For Sale faction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah gossip queen.... at least my student politics degree as you like to call it was based on ideological values rather than new labour careerism :)